15 March 2010

New Favorite Song

Yesterday I ran into this song that made me laugh a couple of times. Its a perfect song for someone in my place. Feeling like leftovers...still something to offer, but a day or two old.

The artist is Jarvis Cocker, formerly of the band Pulp.

Great lines from the song:
Well, he says that he loves you like a sister
Well I guess, I guess that's relative
He says that he wants to make love to you
Well instead of "to", shouldn't that be "with"?

Well this is my CV and I've got no one else to blame
So I will state, state my case, I will state it again

Come and help yourself to leftovers
Got a little surplus love and affection
And getting cuddly, so won't you cuddle me?
I could be your teddy bear... oh yeah

I know I ain't no eligible bachelor
This is no mouthwatering proposition
Make no mistake, you're in big trouble, little lady
If we start a-hugging and a-kissing

The singer is so pathetic, and still somehow maintains a sense of humour about himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment